Tuesday, May 21, 2013

THE ADOPTION

A woman enters a room, holding her uterus.

“Look,” she says to her husband, “I’ve removed my uterus.”

“And why would you do that?” asks her puzzled husband.

“It has given us so many lovely children,” she says, “I wanted to examine it more closely. Isn’t it beautiful? The way the fallopian tubes spread out like a butterflies wings.”

She holds it closer to her husband’s face that he might better admire it.

“No, it is not beautiful,” says her husband, “It’s hideous. It belongs inside the body, not outside dripping its fluids all over the linoleum. Go put it back before it goes bad and is of no use to anyone.”

“I was thinking of putting it in a jar and placing it on the mantle for others to admire,” the woman says.

“But, what if I want more children?” the man shrieks, not realizing he is shrieking in an unknown language.

  “We can always adopt,” replies the woman, “in fact, you can adopt my uterus and I can adopt your penis.”

“But I don’t want to give up my penis,” the man thrashes on the floor, white spumes of seminal saliva spurting out his mouth.

“Then my uterus will be very lonely. It has known your penis so well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment